Research in the Archives
The Knox College Special Collections & Archives department has policies and procedures for anyone conducting research (view in pdf):
- All readers and visitors must register at the reception desk in the Archives.
- Special Collections and Archives material may not be removed from the Reading Room.
- Only pencil and paper are permitted. All notebooks, briefcases, purses, knapsacks will be placed in readers' compartments provided.
- Some materials may need to be paged and may not be immediately available.
- Materials should be returned to the reception desk for shelving by the staff.
- Not all materials can be photocopied, but all photocopying is done by Archives staff. See below for current fees. Copies may not be immediately available but can be called for or mailed directly.
- Publication of photocopied material or use of quotations or images from original archival material requires separate written permission and use of approved credit line. Please consult with the Archivist.
- The patron assumes full responsibility for conforming with laws of privacy, copyright and literary property rights which may be involved with use of materials from this collection.
Duplication & Research Fees
Black & White - $.25 per page
Color - $.50 per page
$2.00 per scan for most images
Oversize originals (larger than 8 1/2" x 11") - $5.00 per item
- Additional Costs:
Burning data to CD - $3.00 per disc
Burning data to DVD - $5.00 per disc
Shipping & Handling - $5.00 per package (might be more if package is large)
- Student employees may be contracted for research beyond the routine inquiry at $10.00 per hour.
The Special Collections and Archives is located in Seymour Library on the second floor and is open during the academic
- Monday through Friday: 9am - 12pm; 1pm - 4:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Hours vary during the summer and at other times during the year when the college is not in session. It is always best to
call ahead for hours and research assistance.