The first gifts in the Famulener Collection were given to Knox in 1948 by Dr. L.W.Famulener, a friend of the College with Knox County connections. An endowment fund established at his death enabled the collection to continue to grow. Used by the art history and studio art classes and enjoyed by all, the collection is rich in prints 17th and 18th century artists, as well as examples of contemporary work. In the nearly three hundred works artists such as Wolgemut, Rembrandt, Goya, Durer, LaLanne, and Kollowitz are represented.
Information about specific holdings can be obtained by contacting Special Collections & Archives.
View some images in the Famulener Collection by mousing-over the thumbnails below.