Knox College Library
|Special Collections and Archives|
Back to Manuscript Holdings List
Scope Notes: This is an artificial collection begun by the Order of the Bookfellows, a literary society founded by George S. Seymour (1878-1945) and Flora Warren Seymour (1888-1948). The collection was donated to the college in 1952 and processing was continued by the Knox College archivist until 1980. The collection includes documents and letters in a great range and variety written by notable people. Included are items from authors, scientists, American Presidents, politicians and other historical figures.
Collection range: 1754-1976
Collection size: 5 inches
Donor: Order of the Bookfellows